Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Afe's Family Hair Cutting Ceremony

Wohooo! Today we started off really well! Have you ever been to a Very Very Special Hair Cutting Ceremony. Well today I have experienced this my third time.

Firstly, as we arrived we waited outside for some members that we knew. After a while my friend Karl showed up and I was glad to see him arrive through the gates of the school.

Next we strolled over to the hall and found some seats. I was thinking that we were the odd ones out, because we didn't know anyone except for Afe and Joseph. As we waited Afe came over and spoke to my father and Tsana. ( Karl's Mother)

After a while we were shown to the front seats and seated there for the whole time. We were introduced to the main person of this ceremony, but I never paid attention to the names because I was bored.

Sooner when they invited some special people to the front front seats, the main persons mum spoke some very interesting words and inspiring as well. When she finished talking we were invited to eat. This meal was sooo delicious.

After the fabulous meal we had some very nice ice-cream and Jelly, which also followed along with chocolate cake. When I was done with my ice-cream I was sooo full and wanted to go and play outside with Karl and my brother Saia.

When we were allowed to go outside my brother and I decided to go and play soccer with a ball that we found. Karl was sooo busy climbing the wall and being a famous conqueror.During our soccer game some boys asked if I wanted to play tag with them and I said not at the moment. Once I was bored of loosing so much to my brother Saia, I gave up. Saia then noticed that I didn't want to play so he asked if I wanted to go and play with the boys who wanted to play Tag. As soon as we set foot they asked straight away if we wanted to play and my brother said yes.

We started off with one of the boys being in. We played so much that even I was getting puffed in the icy cold winds. Unfortunately for my brother he never got tagged because he was so pro at climbing around the park, It was if he was spider man. Sooner my dad called out to us and we went home.

2 comments:

Mr. Nath said...

It seems you really had a good time at Afe's Family Hair cutting Ceremony. I think it must had been a lot of fun playing with your friends. Well done Taki.

Tsana Plessius said...

Hi Taki,
You are right, it is a very very special occasion, and we were all very honoured to have been invited to attend. It is a wonderful way to experience other cultures.
You have written a great recount showing what a great time you all had, well done.
Tsana (Karl & Robin's mum)

Post a Comment